FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

31 May 2005

Abstinence 101

Since I have just recently graduated high school, I obviously have friends that are having sex. Actually, ALL of my friends are having sex at this point. And none of them are in committed relationships. They're just flitting about promiscously copulating with whoever they wish. This recent development in my life is particularly disturbing. It's like within one week of graduating high school, everyone I know has become a whore.

Now, I'm beggining to wonder where things went wrong. Why is everyone I know joyously degrading themselves? I have come to the conclusion that sex must feel really good. They all give me different excuses: What is the likelihood my husband/wife will be a virgin? I wear condoms so I can't possibly get pregnant/impregnate someone. Condoms also protect me from venereal diseases. I've just found that special person... and they go on.

I think that it all comes down to my friends trying to rationalize doing what they want. All of these arguments can be easily defeated by someone who has a firm moral grasp and a decent level of intelligence.

1. What is the likelihood my husband/wife will be a virgin?
-Well, you obviously can't answer this question, but since there are virgins out there alive somewhere, I'm pretty sure that that choice is up to you.

2. I wear condoms so blah blah blah...
- Condoms are not an infallible method of contraception. They can tear, break, etc. Is it worth the risk? Also, since most viruses are smaller than the pores in the latex, condoms are not an effective defense against VDs.

3. I've found that special person.
- This one is my favorite. If they are that special person, then why can't you wait? If they are truly as special as you think they are, they will be with you for the rest of your life. What's a couple of more years?

So many things can go wrong... is it really worth the risk? I'm really having touble handling it, but I guess it's going to be something I'll have to deal with for the rest of my life. Also, I think Fleming Island and my particular circle of friends are also particularly bad. Anyway, I'm going to get off my virginal loser soapbox. I mean, obviously no straight male would write something like this... Or maybe I'm just bitter because I can't get laid... Nick needs to tell his sister to start putting out and fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home