FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

04 August 2005

Warped Tour...

Today was warped tour. I had a great time, and saw several of my favorite bands. Some of them include: Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, Dropkick Murphies, Story of the Year, Matchbook Romance, Bleeding Through, Zao, My Chemical Romance (who sucked by the way), Senses Fail... and many more that I can't recall right now. The pits were insane, which is a huge surprise for warped tour. My buddies from Fleming Island were shocked when they saw a real hardcore dancing pit. I think that I gained some respect.

I'm leaving for Pensacola tomorrow. Unfortunately, Mer has been unable to call me, so unless I receive some communication tomorrow, I'm going to have to spend Saturday hanging out with other friends of mine. I look forward to seeing Ross again and how much he has changed. Ryan recently received his comission and starts flight school at Pensacola NAS this week. More power to him.

I've been bummed out as of late, and I've had trouble sleeping. Like now, It's 11:30 and I'm physically exhausted, but I can't manage to shut off my brain and sleep.

Jessica is arriving Wednesday.

I've recently been having discussions with my two libertarian friends Nick and Scott on the finer and perhaps messier points of libertarianism. While I share most of the libertarian base beliefs, namely that a man should be able to define his own life on his own terms. Where I become confused, is when an individual's right to choose infringes on another individual's natural rights. Also, being a member of the armed forces causes me to look at the government from a military perspective, and the libertarian utopia presents some very interesting problems for national defense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home