FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

10 August 2005

Arrivals...

I deliberately slept in yesterday to pass the time. I pulled myself out of bed at around 11am and began working on the things that needed to get done before I could go pick up Mer from the airport. I ran a load of laundry that included the clothes I wanted to wear and I straightened up my room. Then I moved all of my stuff out of the guest room and back into my room so that Jess will have somewhere to stay until my room is fully converted into an apartment. Last, I moved the crib into the guest room for Alyssa. I managed to spread all of this out over a few hours, interspersed with watching episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

I was planning on leaving for the airport around 4:30 because Mer was arriving around 6, but my father arrived home at around 4 and freaked out because I hadn't left yet and I was going to get caught in rush hour traffic. You have to know my dad. So I left at about 10 after 4 and arrived a good hour early. I brought along some roses and a teddy bear. I bought a paper at the airport and sat around and waited.

Mer's flight arrived exactly on time. We hopped in my car and drove through the rain all the way home. Her folks had cooked up some pretty good stuff on the grill, so I ate dinner with them and talked a little finance with her dad. Then we went up to her room and spent the rest of the night walking through her guided photo tour of Japan and Alabama. I was jealous. It seemed like she had such an adventure this summer. She was getting tired and rightfully so, so I decided to let her go to bed at about 11.

I came home, slid into bed and went right to sleep.

Jessica is getting in this evening. We're going to have a full house. 5 adults and a baby in only 1300 square feet. But you know what? It's going to be alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home