FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

08 August 2005

Pensacola...

I arrived home about an hour ago. The drive wasn't bad at all, but my car isn't exactly a luxury car, so my butt is a little sore. I had a great time. I hung out with Ross Friday night and met his girlfriend. She was very sweet and pleasently sarcastic. I told Ross that he must've missed my smartass comments so he found a smartass girlfriend. Saturday I sat around while Ross was at work most of the day. That evening I met Angel up at a show at a little lounge called Sluggo's. After the only decent band we went to Whataburger and grabbed a bite. The rest of her plans for the night involved going to a friends house and smoking out, so I got irritated and went home. When I got back to Ross's, our old buddy Kyle called, and we had to go pick him up and take him home. We stopped by Whataburger again (it was 3am), and it was absolutely packed. People in Pensacola don't sleep. Then I hung out with Ross and Vincent on Sunday. I woke up this morning and got on the road home.
All in all it wasn't a bad trip. I hadn't realized how stressed out my folks were making me, as well as all of the stuff that was running through my head until I arrived at the Downing's and I stopped thinking about all of it. I was a new man. I slept like a baby all three nights. As soon as I stepped into my door today, my parents started pouring the stress back on. I can't wait to leave for college and escape all of these issues. I'm tentatively picking up Mer from the airport tomorrow, so we'll see. I'm praying that her getting back will make life easier for a few weeks. Anyhow, I don't have much to say right now, so I think I'll take a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home