FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

12 June 2005

Lonely...

I don't think I've ever spent this much time alone. I just go to work in the morning, and then spend the afternoons reading, writing, watching movies, or playing video games. I've also been running about 3 miles a day to get ready for LTC. I don't really feel the desire to hang out with any of the guys from high school... maybe it's seperation anxiety or something. In the light of recent events though, it just seems that they're stuck in high school mode and I'm moving on to bigger things. It's a sad thought. With Mer gone, the only person to hang out with is myself! My dad met his best friend in bootcamp, maybe I'll forge some meaningful friendships at LTC or GMC. I've been writing a little bit. It's a sci-fi short story, conceived from boredom. I've also taken to Clive Cussler novels, chewing them up and spitting them out at the rate of one every 2 or 3 days. My Mom and I are getting ready to go out to a movie. She and I always go see one for my birthday. She won't be here Tuesday night, and my dad is still up at Leadership Academy, so it looks like I'll be spending my birthday alone. LTC seems like it is going to be totally awesome, but for some reason I'm not eagerly anticipating it. It kind of represents me leaving the house and the end of childhood... anyway, my Mom is yelling so I have to wind it up. Off to see Cinderella Man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home