FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

20 August 2005

Here's lookin' at you kid.

Meredith left today. I came over last night after dinner and we hung out until the wee hours of the morning. It was incredibly depressing at first, but the more we were around each other, the happier we became. By the time it came to part we both had smiles on our faces. That's how it is supposed to be. I despise sad goodbyes. We had so much fun together over the past 8 months, and each found someone so special, how could we not end with a smile? Not even really a goodbye, it was more of an "until next time." Then I drove off into the sunset.

Actually, my car wouldn't start. I called Josh to come pick me up. Unfortunately, he never made it. He lost control of his vehicle coming into Mer's neighborhood and ended up bottoming his car out in a dirt lot near the entrance to the neighborhood. Mer gave me a ride up to the lot and we said our last goodbye. Then I spent a little bit trying to free Josh's car. After several failed attempts, I suggested we leave it until morning when we can get a truck. Josh was determined to free his car however, and Andy Bragg dropped Cory and I off at my car and then took Clay and Josh to get Clay's truck. Cory spent about 45 minutes trying to get my car to start and waiting for Josh to return. Josh came back, and we used Clay's truck to pull Josh's car out. I got to sleep around 4. That wasn't exactly how I planned my night. I was orginally planning on being home by 1 so that I could get a decent amount of sleep and go to my cousin's soccer game today, but that didn't work out.

This morning, I woke up around 9 and went to my car, which was still in front of Mer's house. I called for a tow and dropped it off at a shop in OP. They just called and said that I need a new alternator and catalytic converter. The alternator repair is going to cost about $260. I can just remove the catalytic converter. ::sigh::

Good luck Mer. I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home