FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

12 September 2005

Oaths...

Well, just as I predicted in my last post, I signed my papers to contract with the Army. I sealed the deal with my oath of enlistment. Strangely enough, it didn't feel like that big of a step. Perhaps it is because I was already so dedicated to this career path, that any paperwork just seemed like a formality.

I travelled to Nashville this past weekend (actually a suburb called Brentwood), and hung out at Chris's house with his family and girlfriend. We didn't drink much, for all of those out there who doubt me, just a few coronas before bed each night. He has a very cool family, and his girlfriend is a sweet girl. Pretty much the only thing we did was go see "The Exorcism of Emily Rose." Ashton (Chris's girlfriend) brought along a friend for me to hang out with, but I think that the combination of facts that she was a junior in high school, dumb, and just generally annoying didn't weigh to heavily for the odds of even conversation. Of course, conversation often requires synaptic activity, which I wasn't to sure was present.

This morning for Ranger Team PT, we ran about 5 miles in 40 minutes. Then we did some wicked calesthenics, including something called the "inch worm." God I love it.

Later today, after classes but before study hall, the Ranger Commander, Mr. Ruzek, smuggled a truckload of Ranger Plebes off campus and took us to the lake. We spent a few hours just jumping off of a boat house and relaxing.

Tomorrow morning we have another APFT. I'm shooting for above a 300 (max score).

1 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

I am the supreme force here in my cyber domain, and I will not tolerate being corrected. Next time... you will be deleted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home