FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

23 August 2005

Poetic Justice...

Last night was pure poetry.

When we were almost home from the Casbah, Josh started talking about Marcy. His eyes clouded over and he blurted,"Man. I miss that girl." I've seen through those eyes before, and I knew that he wasn't in that car with us. As soon as the words fell from his mouth, my CD player clicked over to Staind, "It's Been Awhile." Josh, Andy, and I sat in my car in front of Josh's house and just sang at the top of our lungs, because we all missed somebody. As the last chord died, Marcy called Josh's phone. He got out to talk to her, and Andy and I climbed out onto Josh's roof to watch the crazy heat lightning storm that was lighting up the sky. I had a cigar and thought about the girl I missed. I wondered what she was doing and if she was thinking about me. Then I thought how lucky I am to be loved so much. It hurt of course, but knowing how much she would have loved to be out there beneath the lightning with me put me at peace. Josh joined us on the roof a little while later, and we just laid on our backs and watched the elements at play. After the last flashes faded from the sky, we climbed back through his window and went to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home