FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

15 June 2005

Birthday Festivities

Well, my birthday festivities drew to a close this evening. We went to Sushi Rock and ate at a Japanese grill table. (Mer, twasn't my idea. It was my mom's) My father thoroughly enjoyed the food. He thought he was going to hate it. I received my gifts today. I am getting my dad's laptop, with a new printer and mouse. I received three movies: U-571 (I love this movie), Timeline (Mer said that it's great), and Dreamcatcher (I think my mom wanted to see this one). I also got some money and a few disposable cameras. Considering I'm getting a new computer, this year wasn't a bad haul.

Today I went to the mall and bought a collection of Tennyson for my trip, but I've already read half of it! I also wrote a little, like I always do when I read a lot of poetry.


Sentinels of Your Heart

(I couldn't think of a better name)

Depart, depart, I must depart,
to struggle on the sleeping field,
go I must to learn the art,
but to you my heart I yield.

And when the vapors fall among the boles,
when they smother, choke like smoke,
and when I feel my valor cold,
it is your name I shall invoke.

And no struggle, no flying dart,
can harrass me when I rest,
among the sentinels of your heart,
that I keep locked in my chest.

No pestilence, no tragedies, no deadly snare,
no enemy can bring harm to me,
while my heart is in your care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home