FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

16 June 2005

Farewell For Now...

Well, for all intensive purposes I'm on my way to an illustrious career with the United States Army. I haven't taken off my St. George in a few weeks. I figure that it can't hurt. My duffel bag is packed and sitting by the front door, and I'm just sitting around burning the hours I have left at home. I don't really get excited about things like this. I just tend to get really focused. I'll be thinking about everybody while I'm gone. I hope I can make you guys proud. I'll be out of reach, but I promise to write all of you. I won't have a return address until I arrive in Fort Knox, so I'll send out letters to notify everyone of how to contact me. I might stop by the Mason residence tomorrow morning and drop off some stuff for Mer, and say good-bye to everyone. Megan and Andy are in town so I will get to see them. Then I need to go get a nice short hair cut, and after that I'll just go home and rest. Wish me luck everyone, I promise you guys that I will give it everything I've got.

Mer,

I love you more than anything in the world. During this time we've had apart I've never been able to get you off of my mind. Don't worry about me, I'll be OK. When I return, I'll be 5 weeks closer to seeing you again, and that in and of itself makes the trip worth it. You are the most beautiful and genuine person I've ever met. I know that you won't be home to get the letters, but I'm going to write you anyway. Expect a pile of mail. If there is only one person I need behind me, it's you, and I know that you are. As long as I have your love I can do anything. Don't forget your American Soldier, because I know that I won't forget you. I love you.

Cliff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home