FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

19 July 2005

Returned...

I arrived last night around midnight. Or is it 2400? I was greeted with a hug from my mother and the bark of Churchill. (I volunteered to watch the Mason's dog while they are gone) I promptly went to my room and crashed...

This morning I woke around 7. It seems I'm incapable of sleeping more than 7 hours these days. I sat up in my bed and looked around completely at a loss for what action to take next. I've been completely indoctrinated to the Army lifestyle, and what a beautiful life it is. By this time in the morning I would have already woken up, performed personal hygeine, cleaned my room, ran a few miles, done some calesthenics, eaten chow, and begun the days training cycle.

I have things to do today, including a trip to the bank. It'll take several posts to impart what I may of the experience I had at Fort Knox, so just hang tight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home