FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

20 September 2005

Home is Where the Heart Is...

If home is where the heart is,
then mine has long brown hair,
and big pretty eyes,
that beckon with a stare.

I could roam this entire glorious sphere,
but return to the same fire e'ry night,
and still sleep within my fold,
because she is within my sight.

What is this feeling heavy and cold,
that drowns me where I stand?
For when she is distant remote I become,
even when surrounded by my own land.

So now I confront the struggle of life,
and still stationary do I roam,
and pray for the day she does return,
so I can sleep at home.

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Chickadeeva said...

This is beautiful!
Well done!

Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home