FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

16 September 2005

Open Weekend

My first direct deposit should be in my account right now, but I have no means by which to check my balance. I'll find out when I get home. I am going home because we have an open weekend, despite the fact that 4th battalion failed barracks inspection this morning. I wish the chain of command would stick by their guns sometimes. Next weekend, however, is closed, but that is irrelevant to me because ECP has a field training excercise anyway. While everyone else is cleaning rooms, I'll be ripping through Baldwin forest.

At Ranger PT this morning, we ran five and a half miles at a seven minute mile pace. That is insane. Makes me feel like a man. We are in our Class Delta uniforms (red polo, black slacks) today. This is the first day since we arrive at GMC that we haven't been in our dumb plebe PTs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home