FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

22 September 2005

Commandant's Inspection

The past few days have been a bit hectic, particularly yesterday and today. I'm quite sleep deprived, but not my normal "I'm just a bit loopy" sleep deprived, it's more like a "close to the point of narcolepsy" sleep deprived. Then again, this is where I kick in and get serious. It's my time to perform when everyone else can't handle the stress. (at least in principle anyway)

This morning was the Commandant's inspection. Chris and I were up to well past 1:30 cleaning. The exact time isn't clear, because things seem to get fuzzy after that. Considering that I started cleaning at around 7:30, that is quite a chunk of time. This all night GI party is the main cause for today's drowsiness.

Then I awoke at about 5:30 and went for a 5:30 ruck run with the Ranger Team. We ran about 2.5-3 miles with probably a 30 pound ruck. It was a moderate pace though because I have an APFT tomorrow.

Commandant's inspection went OK. Pretty much the only thing that I did wrong was to shout "Character Above All, sir!" in his ear when he went into the room. Apparently we had been instructed not to sound off, but I didn't hear. I just thought the majority of my hall was unmotivated, which is a reasonable assumption if you saw the people I live with. (though I must admit we are much better off than Bravo company and ::shudder:: the football battalion") Our company scraped by.

I had a test in history, which didn't seem to bad. My grade is just going to come down to how detailed Mr. Sherwood wanted the essays, so I'm content to wait.

Military Science Lab wasn't too bad today. We have a pre-combat inspection tonight for all of our gear before we head into the field tomorrow afternoon.

Hurricane Rita is pretty big.

It's amazing how one thought can pervade every conscious moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home