FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

03 January 2006

Goodbye '05

The year 2005 was probably the most eventful year of my life.

The beginning of the year coincided with the beginning of my relationship with Meredith, which has constantly affected me, whether she was present or not. 2006 comes with a set of challenges: another semester apart, another summer spent training, and the beginning of our sophomore year all mean more time apart than together. However, with a full year together behind us already, I think that we stand poised to accept the challenge.

I graduated high school in May. My future was still uncertain, and soon an unexpected opportunity sent me in a new direction: the Georgia Military College Early Commissioning Program. I set out to the Leader's Training Course in June and graduated in the top 10 of my class. I reported to GMC at the end of August, and made it my home. I joined the Ranger Challenge team, and earned my black shirt. In December I attended and graduated the Airborne School at Ft. Benning. Now I am set to tackle another quarter, and hopefully increase my GPA. As this summer approaches so does the Leader's Development Advanced Course, and my accession. I also, must begin applying to other colleges this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home