FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

27 October 2005

The sun's rising over black creek again,
and I'm crossing the bridge to our island,
I know your waiting.

The dawn splashes warm across my face,
it greets me as I near your embrace,
it leaves me smiling.

All the light are off,
except in your room,
the house smells like coffee,
I breathe in the brew,
it always makes you happy.

I sneak up the stairs to your room,
Muse is playing and it's freezing to,
I crawl 'neath your covers.

You hear and cross the room towards me,
lean in close and kiss good morning,
dear God I love you.

I now can face the day,
I know you see the flame,
burning deep within my chest,
I breathe in all of you,
It always makes me happy.

2 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

In reference to stealing your line: perhaps I just have good taste.

FM stand for Field Manual. We have about a million of them. For example, my bible is FM 7-8: Infantry Platoon and Squad Tactics.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Boo Bear,

I became a pussy shortly after you became a man. I suppose I've been spending too much time learning how to kill people lately so I've decided to take some pointers from you. I'm sorry if I don't show enough chest for you in my floral print collared shirts. Perhaps I'll begin carrying a man purse.

By the way... I made out with your sister... a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home