FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

20 November 2005

I've been home for a little bit now, and I'm quite relieved to be away from GMC for a while. I leave for airborne school exactly one week from today.

My father confiscated my cell phone (mainly because of huge overages caused by conversations with one Texas resident who shall not be named) so I had to go buy my own. I went up to Nextel because all of my friends have it, so my bill would be a little cheaper. It turns out that Harley started working at Nextel the day that I went in, so I was his first sale. I bought the i305 phone, which I have been assured is virtually indestructable. Harley made some comment about throwing one through a sheet of drywall and one of his buddy's survived a drop in a swimming pool. It looks and feels like a digital brick. Luckily, I'm not concerned with the fashion of my phone. I have, however, received several comments on how cool it is.

Honestly, life has been boring as of late. I spend most of my time hanging out with Josh or having ridiculously long phone conversations. It must be the lull before the storm. Airborne is going to be busy, if not intense, and upon my return Mer will be home and my family may begin trickling in for Christmas. Commence craziness.

On a side note, Wendy's has an awesome promotional offer going. If I collect 32 medium or biggie size drink cups, I receive a free one way ticket to anywhere that Airtran flies and if I collect 64, I receive a free roundtrip ticket. I only need 62 more cups to be on my way to Texas sometime this spring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home