FM 6-14: Standard Survival Techniques for Indvidual Sized Units

Noble dead that sleep below,
We your valour ne'er forget;
Soft the heroes' rest who know
Hearts like theirs are beating yet.

04 October 2005

Time to Start Leading...

I was late for Ranger practice this morning. Needless to say I'm incredibly sore. My elbows are all skinned up from doing the high crawl through gravel, and my quads are about to fail from doing iron mikes for about 100 yards. However, they did inform me that I'm currently on the starting team. That was a little motivation to keep pushing through my little smoke session.

We've started wearing uniforms today. I haven't decided whether I like wearing mine or not. It is a bit large, so my little stick arms are conspicious. Maybe I'm being over critical.

Parade practice went great this morning. It's starting to cool off and the leaves should be changing soon. I'm sure that Milledgeville is gorgeous in the fall.

I had an APO meeting last night. We all got to dress in civilian clothes, eat pizza, and watch football.

I need to stay motivated with my school work. I'm not really having to apply myself this quarter, and I feel myself slipping back into old habits. I decided this morning that no matter how ate up the rest of this regiment is, I'm going to do things right. I'm going to look good in my uniform, and I'm going to keep my grades up. I'm going to do the right thing, even when everyone else is doing something else. I'm here to be trained to lead soldiers in the worlds finest army, it's about time I started leading.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Absolutely, it's kind of like wheaties in the morning actually. Though it wasn't nearly as ferocious as Mer's viking pop-tart fiasco.

We have a little saying around here:
What makes the grass grow? BLOOD!BLOOD! BLOOD!
What do we do for a living? KILL! KILL! KILL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home